Ads Top

Why Marcelo Santos IV Is Better Than His Cheesy Brother

We all have that one Facebook friend who shares those cheesy one liners, those corny romantic pictures, and heartbroken status updates. I bet that most of those posts come from Filipino author of hopeless romantics, Marcelo Santos III, who recently just published his second novel entitled, (you guessed it right!) "Para sa Hopeless Romantic"

Then again, I might be referring to you. I know we are all guilty, perhaps, of being "relate" to some love quotes or what not. We've all been in love. We've all experienced heartaches. And we've all shared some of those annoying "Share kung relate ka" posts. Seriously, go do some penance for these Facebook sins. The Vatican would like that.

But I'm not here to talk about Marcelo Santos III. I'm here to talk about his younger, mustached brother Marcelo Santos IV. (Not to confused with their other brother, Marcelo Santos V, which I heard is the black sheep of their family.)

Marcelo Santos IV is not just a parody account that pokes fun on the third Marcelo's cheesy Facebook posts. It is also a social commentary on the increasing level of obsession on love and relationships by our generation. The Wattpad Generation. (sad face).

I think Don Corleone would rather sleep with the fishes than call Daniel Padilla a gangster.
This phenomenon started with a frigging "gangster". She's Dating the Gangster (which recently was adapted to Philippine cinema with cute chick Kathryn Bernardo and resident albularyo, Daniel Padilla) was the first of many stories from Wattpad that were published into pocketbook form and, unfortunately, would be adapted to Philippine chick flick cinema. Every bookstore I go, I see these pocketbooks with anime covers (some nicely drawn, most are shiz) filling up a whole shelf. Granted they are cheap. But seriously people, stop writing gangster-gangsteran stories, or fat girl dates the hot guy novels. But I digress.

The fourth Marcelo Facebook pages was first published in June 2014. Three months later, it currently has almost 16,000 likes and continuously gets significant number of likes, comments, and shares from its loyal fans. The page describes itself as "Author of the most useless quotations in the world, far more abstract than Jaden Smith and far more useless than Marcelo Santos III"

Here are reasons why you should subscribe to Marcelo Santos IV Facebook posts:

1. Dat Mustache 


Guy de Maupassant wrote once in a short story:
...a man without a mustache is no longer a man. I do not care much for a beard; it almost always makes a man look untidy. But a mustache, oh, a mustache is indispensable to a manly face. No, you would never believe how these little hair bristles on the upper lip are a relief to the eye and good in other ways.
I mean. Look at Marcelo Santos IV's profile picture:

This is the look of a trustworthy fella. I'd lend him my car.

As opposed to Marcelo Santos III's clean cut face, the fourth Marcelo gives us that full of wisdom vibe. The mustache makes the man! I mean, look at this guy:

Shame on you if you don't know who this guy is.

Kinda gives you that Mr. Suave feel huh.

2. He's Anti-Networking

I don't even know why people still believe that they could get rich by networking. (POWERR!! Right? Right? I'll see myself out.) But if you are one of the people who absolutely hate networking, you will have a FrontRow seat (get it? FrontRow? It's funny because FrontRow... I suck.) on Marcelo IV's bashing of these gullible people.

#Sadnu
By the way, don't get scammed by these folks, folks.

3. He cares about your literacy.

Marcelo Santos IV advocates higher literacy rates for the Philippines. He aims to educate the public on grammatically correct bashing of trolls and what not. And he also hates Pinoy Pride.

I meant the other Pinoy Pride. Not this one.

Most of his posts points out the hypocrisy on Pinoys. (albeit in a subtle way). Sure he might curse every once in a while, but his way of presenting the idea creates an impact on the more critical Filipinos.

This is #PinoyPride
You suck, people.

4. He gives better advice than Marcelo Santos III




'Nuff said.

5. He is just plain awesome.

Sometimes, the most profound things can be found in the unlikeliest of places. But you won't find that in your Facebook news feed. Trust me. It's been years since I got a relevant post from one of my Facebook friends (To all my Facebook friends, you suck.. kidding. Please don't kill me.)

Liking Marcelo Santos IV's Facebook page can give you deep and meaningful posts that make you stop and think of existential thoughts on humanity's purpose in life, such as this one:

I stared at my news feed for a long while.


Go like Marcelo Santos IV's Facebook page right here.

5 comments:

  1. Ok rin naman si Fifth kesa kay Third. Bakla yung Third e hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panlagay sa fres candy yung kay Tres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kahit nga ata Fres candy di tatanggapn yung kay tres "Pakatatag Tayo ah." watda

      Delete
  3. I would spend my money on buying books written by this MCIV :) rather than wattpadd stuffs. I haven't bought any wattpad books at all. And to mention, not all wattpad stories are shitloads. Some are really good :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.