Ads Top

Marcos Disappointed With SC Ruling: "I wished to be buried with my mother."

ILOCOS NORTE, Philippines - Former president and strongman Ferdinand Marcos Sr. expressed his strong disappointment on the Supreme Court ruling regarding his hero's burial in Libingan ng mga Bayani.

In a fictional and exclusive interview with The Filipino Garlic, the late dictator said "I wished to be buried with my dear mother in Batac. And I was. Why are they insisting that I be buried elsewhere?"



The Supreme Court voted in favor of the burial with 9 justices allowing the motion, 5 justices dissenting, and 1 inhibited.

Associate Justices Arturo Brion, Presbitero Velasco Jr, Diosdado Peralta, Lucas Bersamin, Mariano del Castillo, Jose Perez, Teresita de Castro, Jose Mendoza, and Estela Perlas-Bernabe voted in favor of giving Marcos a hero's burial.

Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno, together with Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio, and Associate Justices Marvic Leonen, Francis Jardeleza, and Alfredo Benjamin Caguioa dissented.

Disappointed with Imelda, fans

"As far as I know, the deal with Ramos is still binding," said Marcos Sr., referring to the deal with Former President Fidel Ramos.



Before the deal, his body remained in Hawaii where he died.

The Ramos administration gave four conditions in order for his remains to be transported back to the country:

  • The body would be flown straight from Hawaii to Ilocos Norte province.
  • Marcos would be given honors befitting a major, his last rank in the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
  • Marcos’ body would not be paraded in Metro Manila. 
  • There would be no burial at Libingan ng mga Bayani.
"I'm disappointed with my supporters, especially with Imelda. Why can't they just let me rest in peace?" said the dictator.






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.